Re: Lucas, prince of darkness

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin
Subject: Re: Lucas, prince of darkness
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-537-6732)
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 1996 08:43:01 -0500

>>Ahhh. . . what a treat.  Driving to work at 5am the last 15 miles with no
>>head-lights!  Not all that comforting to know that some of you have trodden
>>here before - OH THANK YOU PRINCE OF DARKNESS, You have lived up to your
>>reputation!  Damn that light switch, already 5 miles on the freeway, OK. . .
>
>>all right. . . pull over to see if its just a loose wire.  Jiggle
>everything -
>>nope, it's dead!  What to do,  what to do.  Aw heck, driven this route for
><stuff deleted>
>
>>>Barry, You didn't say which car you were driving, but if it was the '72
>>>Spit, the switch is likely to be Clear Hooters, not Lucas. CH is even
>>>worse for quality than the Lucas reputation. We've learned. We always
>carry
>>>a spare CH switch in the tool kit. Something to think about.
>
>One more trick for you. After my Clear Hooter light switch fell apart after
>a Club Pub night on my GT6 I used the Demist Switch as an emergency
>replacement to get home.
>Richard Ceraldi
>71 GT6 MKIII KF166L

I was at a Triumph Club picnic and as I was leaving after dark the headlight
switch on my '69 GT6+ simply fell to pieces when I started to turn them on.
It was a simple matter to use the metal connector in the switch to connect
the two female spade connectors to have lights on the way home...

Larry
lesnyd@monsanto.com