Re: Fun all summer/year long

To: Daren Allder <dallder@bicronne.tcom.co.uk>
Subject: Re: Fun all summer/year long
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 11:49:11 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Wed, 4 Sep 1996, Daren Allder wrote:

> Re: Andy Mace's Triumph triumphs.
>
> Thanks for the account of your successes with your collection.  May your
> run continue!  I look forward to more news on Joseph and the rest.  It's
> great to get these anecdotes and insights into the experiences of list
> members.  My Triumph collection still stands at a measly "1" (Herald).
>  Obviously the disease is still in its early stages...

Not to worry (or maybe Yes, to worry), the disease spreads quickly and
cannot be totally cured. ;-)

> "Drive fast enough and the rain just blows right over".  He _did_ have a
> tonneau, though.  Anyone got a spare one for a Herald?

Darren, I think they are available from Rimmer Bros. Years ago, someone
gave my dad a tonneau cover and attaching hardware for his Herald. A
mere child of 14 at the time, I'd never seen one before but I thought it
was about the neatest idea ever. Once I turned 16 and got to drive the
Herald when available, that cover got lots and lots of use during the
summer.

And it will again someday, although restoration of that car is still a
few years in the future!

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *