Re: Spitfire Transmission Troubles

To: rjannelli@uncc.campus.mci.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Transmission Troubles
From: CBrown1500@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 17:46:34 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< Well I got that corrected
 and then went to install the 38 inch used drive shaft I bought, this is the
 dimension that the John Kipping catalog says is needed (the non O/D shaft
 is 41.25 inches). Quess what? It did not fit!!! I measured the distance
 between the diff flange and the tranny flange and get 37.5 inches. Arghhh!!

Ralph,

Uhhh, that happened to me a few years ago. Try loosening all 4 of the motor
mounts - 2 engine, 2 tranny. There's about 1/2" worth of play there.

Give it a shot,
Charlie B.