Re: TR4 cylinder head replacement

To: Jim Sudduth <jim.sudduth@autodesk.com>
Subject: Re: TR4 cylinder head replacement
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 13:11:41 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, cyf@drmail.dr.lucent.com
On Thu, 29 Aug 1996, Jim Sudduth wrote:

>      Ok, am I going to be the first one on the list to elucidate The Rope
>      Trick? :-).
>
>      Here goes:
>
>      If you get all of the nuts holding the head off and everything removed
>      and you can't get the head to break loose from the block, try The Rope
>      Trick....

[snip]

A great trick to be sure, but isn't there a risk of disturbing the
liners, i.e., breaking the seals for the figure-eight gaskets, when
doing this on a wet-liner engine? Granted, it's not a problem if you're
doing a complete tear-down, but if all you're doing is replacing the
head, then there IS a risk, right?

--Andy

  * Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?                                  *
  * Man: Well, no... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er,   *
  *  Triumph Herald engine with wings.                                *
  *   -- The Cut-price Airline Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus   *