Re: Distributor

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Distributor
From: rjannelli@UNCC.CAMPUS.MCI.NET (Ralph Jannelli)
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 1996 10:57:24 -0400 (EDT)
Charlie - I ran an Allison (since buoght out be Crane) electronic ignition
in my '72 Spit for years in a way that was reversable. If you cut off the
pin on the breaker plate leaving the larger diameter portion intact, then
drill and tap a hole in it for I think either a #6 or #8 screw. You can then
put the point back in a secure it with said screw.

>Unfortunately, the pivot posts for the points have to be removed to
>accommodate the shutter wheel, so there's no going back to points. Unless,
>that is, you order another points plate from Mallory.
>
>That's about it,
>Charlie B.

Ralph Jannelli
'72 Spitfire MKIV daily driver