Re: Weber Set-Up

Subject: Re: Weber Set-Up
From: Egil Kvaleberg <egilk@sn.no>
Date: Mon, 26 Aug 1996 12:37:59 GMT
Apparently-to: triumphs@autox.team.net
Newsgroups: mail.triumphs
On Sun, 25 Aug 1996, Martin Harasek wrote:

> But no, to my knowledge it is impossible to feed 6 cyliders with 4 Chokes.

It would be a pretty bad idea, since you would end up with uneven
distribution between the cylinders. The only sensible/normal combinations
are:
  a.    3 twin choke carbs.
  b.    3 single choke carbs (never seen that on Triumphs, but used
        to be quite common for Jags).
  c.    2 single carbs or one twin (although I haven't seen the latter).
  d.    1 single carb (pretty common up to 1950-something).

Egil
--
Email: egilk@sn.no  Voice: +47 22523641, 92022780 Fax: +47 22525899
Snail: Egil Kvaleberg, Husebybakken 14A, 0379 Oslo, Norway