I Need help with Ball Joint Installation!

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: I Need help with Ball Joint Installation!
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 1996 10:06:55 -0400
Cc: rtr@tsquare.com
Last night after the RTR meeting I got inspired and decided to try and
install my new ball joints on my 1974 TR6. I removed the nut off the bottom
stud. Then I took off the two bolts holding the ball joint. I know that the
bottom stud is tapered and I thought that I could just tap it out with a
hammer. Well.... it is so tight in there that I couldn't get any swing with
the hammer. I understand that there is a ball joint separator or fork tool or
something that I can use to finish the job. What kind do I need and where do
I find one?

Ken Nachman
Richmond Triumph Register
1974 TR6