FW: Front Trunnion Lube

To: Triumphs List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: FW: Front Trunnion Lube
From: "Vincenti, Ross" <VINCENR@transamerica.com>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 96 15:34:00 PDT
Encoding: 14 TEXT
I am re-sending this as it did not post the first time as far as I could
tell.

Before I put the rims on the front and rear axles and set the rolling frame
down to tighten everything up on my Mk I Spitfire restoration I forgot to
lube the front trunnions.  I read somewhere that one should use gear oil,
NOT grease to fill the trunnions.  Is this true?  If so, why?  Everything on
the front suspension is still loose so it will be an easy task to undo the
A-arm bolt, remove the trunnions and fill them, but I am curious about the
proper lube.  Thanks.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4 (undergoing surgery)