Re: TR6 broken trailing arm mount

To: "Jeff Wagner" <JWAGNER@jmail.umd.edu>
Subject: Re: TR6 broken trailing arm mount
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 11:44:08 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Jeff:
You ask:
" Can I swap this piece without removing the trailing arm, spring,
      etc, from the car?"

I would remove the spring, just so that you aren't fighting it all the way
through the process. It comes out easily after you disconnect the shock
link. Remove the bolt that holds the trailing arm to the bracket and there
is probably enough "give" to get the arm out of the bracket and replace it.
Make sure you get the right bracket to replace it, ie. one -notch,
two-notch, etc. Try to resist Shipwright's Disease when you do this job.
:-)

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951