Re: TR250 turn signal woes

To: Ken Streeter <streeter@sanders.com>
Subject: Re: TR250 turn signal woes
From: Andrew Mace <amace@unix2.nysed.gov>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 1996 09:48:09 +0400 (EDT)
Cc: Scions of Stanpart <triumphs@autox.team.net>
On Wed, 14 Aug 1996, Ken Streeter wrote:

> The Lucas flashers are extremely sensitive to the amount of load in the
> system.  Even if the wiring/grounding is all 100% ok, it may be that some of
> the flasher bulbs are a different type than the originals (with a lower
> resistance, thereby passing more current) and are causing the problem.

You're implying, then, that the Signal-Stat flasher (OEM) for the hazard
circuit is less sensitive? That might help to explain why the hazard
flashers appear to behave normally.

> I don't recall where on the TR250 the turn signal flasher is positioned.  On
> my TR6 it is inside the passenger footwell, under the dash, up against the
> firewalll....

...as it is on the TR250.

> ...a heavy-duty unit from Pep Boys, or VIP, or Auto Palace....

...makes sense to me. The owner is, shall we say, not Bound by Concours
philosophy. Good thing, since he's now, in the space of a few short
weeks, lost several of his original (date-coded) electrical bits off
the car! ;-)

Thanks, Ken!

--Andy