TR4 pinking

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR4 pinking
From: john gillis <jgillis@tcd.ie>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 1996 09:04:59 +0100
I have had problems with my brothers TR4 lately. It was pinking quite badly so
I started from scratch and set everything up, i.e points,plug gaps, timing and
mixture (colourtune). I even took the time to mark the position on the pulley
wheel and pointer with white paint and use my strobe to see if all was well
when the engine was running. After all this effort the car was much improved
and my brother was very pleased. The thing is the problem is BACK only two weeks
later. I can't figure it anybody out there got a theory.
John Gillis 1954 TR2
Trinity College, Dublin.