Re: TR6 rear hubs

To: John Bertsche <103136.3056@CompuServe.COM>
Subject: Re: TR6 rear hubs
From: "Michael D. Porter" <mdporter@rt66.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Aug 1996 23:10:20 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
John Bertsche wrote:

> Is there any reason why TR6 rear hubs can't be put together with anti-seize
> compound on the mating surfaces, so they come apart easily in the future? I
> tried this with an exhaust system (non-stainless steel) and it worked great
>when
> I had to take it apart several years later.

No reason at all....  You won't find anti-seize in the official factory
manual because it wasn't around when the manual was written.  The only
proviso I would offer in this regard is to avoid anti-seize on mating
surfaces which should be in firm, rigid contact with each other.  In
other words, don't smear it on the outside surface of a bearing race
which is meant to sit firmly in the hub.  The stuff is meant to stay
slick, and every opportunity you give something like a race to spin, it
will. <g>
Cheers.
--
My other Triumph doesn't run, either....