Re: Moss' puzzle aka TR4 soft top

To: Bitparts@aol.com
Subject: Re: Moss' puzzle aka TR4 soft top
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Fri, 9 Aug 1996 17:22:33 -0400
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

<< The new top has the elastic band which snaps to the hood frame.  That is
the only attempt I know of in the design to give the seal rigidity.  Moss'
kit did not have the little snap for the front of top.  It should also have a
snap to the windshield frame. >>
"Elastic band"?  Mine is just 2 pieces of fabric which wrap around the front
part of the hood frame and are secured with four snaps (2male on one piece of
fabric and the 2 female on the other).

Don't understand the "little snap for the front of top"

You are right about the two snaps (one on each side of the windshield top).
 Their purpose is to hold the front edge of the hood in the grove of the
windshield top.  There are also supposed to be hooks that pull the top sides
of the hood tight so that the windows are flat against them.  These hooks
connect to small hooks found about 80% of the way up each side of the
windshield surround.

If all this is getting beyond your interest -  just say so and I'll stop.
 However, the hood design by Triumph was really quite good as far as sealing
the car against leaks etc. and the closer the replacement is, the better.