More TR6 Electricals Solved

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: More TR6 Electricals Solved
From: SCOTTC COATES <SCOATES@AOAC.ORG>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 1996 12:52:59 -0400
Steve N. wrote:<< ..  ground strap goes to the
frame/body?   ..  That's what is meant by the engine
being grounded... >>>

#Ding! #Ding! #Ding! #Ding!

Boy, do I feel stupid.

The ground strap goes from the negative pole to a
clamp that attaches the frame and then goes on to bell
housing.

Guess what - I didn't re-attach the strap to the frame
when I removed the battery recently to work on the
car.   I thought the frame clamp was there simply to
keep it out of the way.

Boy what a maroon.

Thanks for all your help.

PS - Steve, we are neighbors.  I'll drop you a line
separately.