More TR6 Eletrical Followup

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: More TR6 Eletrical Followup
From: SCOTTC COATES <SCOATES@AOAC.ORG>
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 1996 11:58:06 -0400
Many thanks to Ken and Greg for the advice,
information and tips regarding TR6 electrical
problems.

I believe that I will purchase a digital mutlimeter.  I#ve
been avoiding SU carburetors and Lucas electrical
systems long enough.  I tackled the carbs last Spring,
and I guess I#ll take the plunge with the electricals now
(do I have a choice??)

Your suggestions are very helpful.  I am still wondering
if there is a diagnostics procedure manual for
automotive electrical systems that someone can
recommend since this will be my first foray into
automotive electrical systems.

Ken wrote #If your engine is not grounded properly ...#  I
wasn#t clear on grounding of the engine other than the
battery strap to the negative terminal.  I wonder if you
could elaborate.

Thanks in advance.

Scott Coates
scoates@aoac.org