Re: those #$@% SU's

To: triumphs@autox.team.net, markt@ep.cursci.com (Mark Tricca)
Subject: Re: those #$@% SU's
From: muntsb@HiWAAY.net (Bill Munts)
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 96 14:39:48 GMT
Hi Mark,

Other than the needle valves have you rebuilt the carbs recently?  I had a bit
of the same problem on my HS2's untill I finally gave up and rebuilt them with
new jets and gaskets.  Now the under side of the carb body and the air cleaners
are bone dry.  Do you have a exhaust header or stock exhaust manifold?  I have
also read some place, could be the comp. prep manual, about the tendency of the
these carbs to blow back fuel when changes are made to the intake or exhaust
manifolds.  I will look for that reference and let you know but maybe somebody
may know.

Bill M.
'70 MkIII Spitfire