Hello List (plus a Weber question)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hello List (plus a Weber question)
From: amurchi@Quetico.tbaytel.net
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1996 07:27:41 +0000
Comments: Authenticated sender is <amurchi@mail.tbaytel.net>
Hello there Triumph Mailing List:
   After subsribing for a month or so, I thought I may as well take
a moment out to introduce myself.  My name is Andrew Murchison
and I am a resident of Thunder Bay, Ontario.  It's a fairly short
driving season up here, but there are quite a few enthusiasts around.
I'm 25 years old and have never owned any car other than a Triumph.
My very first car was a 1975 TR-7 that had an electrical fire in the
dash harness while I was driving on the highway.  Not detered, I
purchased a friends tatty 1978 Spitfire that is my current car.  Other
that a pretty dented hood, the car has been repaired/restored to an
acceptable daily driver car.  Painted in BRG and fitted with a tan
interior, it's a comfortable and remarkable reliable.  To aid
performance, I've added a single Weber DCOE setup, an exhaust header
from Moss (England), Monza exhaust, Konis, and other minor bits.
 This week I plan on moving to a twin DCOE setup as I have been
collecting various components for a while now.
I do have a question though:
What are the distributor options now that I have the twin setup?  I never
really worried about the vacum advance being disonnected before, but
I'd like to do this right the first time.  Do I get a Mallory
distributor?  Recurve or play around with the springs on the current
one? or who cares- just drive it with out the advance?  Any help or
advice would be greatly appreciated.  Sorry for spewing.

Andrew Murchison
amurchi@tbaytel.net
'75 TR-7 burned to a cinder -rather attractive modern sculpture
'78 Spitfire daily driver - except when broken :)