But Seriously Folks...

To: British-cars@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: But Seriously Folks...
From: Nickbk@aol.com
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 1996 15:55:09 -0400
Fellow Net Persons-

Seems my earlier request for products and/or experience removing
imperfections in windshields, has met with a plethora of responses, not suted
to a "Family" newsgroup. Luckily these responses have been private. However,
I have one problem with the responses so far. Not one of them has actually
addressed my problem, ie, how to get the "imperfections" out of the glass.
Hasn't anyone ever tried to polish or somehow remove, something like this ?
These "imperfections" consist of 2 parallel lines about 2" long. They don't
wash off, and I can just feel them with the edge of my fingernail. They do
not appear to be too deep, but are definetly below the surface of the glass.
The worst part is that they are directly in my line of sight, and therefore
most disconcerting.

Somebody must have had this problem before, and dealt with it in some manner.
Is there a polish, or something I can use ?

Don't wanna buy a new windshield...
     Nick in Nor Cal