Re: re:TR6 Interior

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: re:TR6 Interior
From: Bruce Krobusek <74106.1335@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 04 Aug 96 09:51:50 EDT
>How is the interior lamp mounted on the transmission tunnel?

On mine I used 4 of the sheet-metal type screws (self tapping) with chrome
dress washers.

>Which way does it face and exactly where is it located? Does the switch
>face the front or the rear of the car?

The lights faces towards the front, switch towards the rear. And it's mounted
as far back on the driveshaft hump as you can get it. Mine butts up right
against the rear shelf.

>Where does the rear edge of the rear piece of carperting for the
>transmission tunnel stop? Does it go all the way to the edge where the
>tunnell meets the rear shelf or does it stop a little before it?

On this I'm not too sure. My carpeting reaches the rear shelf and stops
there. It appears to be non-original, though, so YMMV.

     - BAK -

      Bruce A. Krobusek
        Rochester   NY
       tinyhost@aol.com