Re: Jacking it UP! (no lbc content)

To: DUHART JOHN <duhart@symbol.com>
Subject: Re: Jacking it UP! (no lbc content)
From: peb3@cornell.edu (Philip E. Barnes)
Date: Tue, 28 May 1996 15:30:10 +0100
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
John:
I have a large floor jack that I bought at K-Mart years ago that will lift
a bus (or nearly so). I lift each end of the car in turn and place the
stands under the frame rails carefully. If your stands are a bit wimpy,
throw them out and get a set of 4 with wide "footprints" for stability and
a 1 ton capacity at least. You may now work in safety. I lift my car by the
front crossmember and the diff, even though you aren't supposed to; never
had a problem.

Philip E. Barnes       '71 TR6  CC61193L
Cornell University
Newman Laboratory of Nuclear Studies
Ithaca, NY 14853
607-255-4951