Re: ZS Carbs on '71 TR6

To: jeffn@msystech.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: ZS Carbs on '71 TR6
From: TR6Massey@aol.com
Date: Mon, 20 May 1996 19:06:56 -0400
In a message dated 96-05-18 01:08:05 EDT, jeffn@msystech.com (Jeff Nathanson)
writes:

>Well, I realy did it now! After rebuilding both carbs, the engine runs
worse.
>One hint is that when I lift up the air valve in the rear carb(even the
>entire
>travel), nothing changes! When I lift the air valve in the front carb
>(1/4"), the engine dies. Even adjusting the metering needle hieght with the
>special tool does not help. Anyone have an inkling what the problem may be?
>

>                Thanking in advance,
>                Jeff Nathanson

Well Jeff, it sounds like the rear carb throttle plate is fully closed.  you
need a "unisyn" which is an air flow meter that measures the air going into
each carb.  Loosen the couplings between the two throttles and adjust the
idle set screws until you get the same reading at both carbs.  Retighten the
throttle couplings and proceed from there.

Dave (I've done this dozens of times) Massey
TR6Massey@aol.com