Re: TR6 Fuel Tank Removal

Subject: Re: TR6 Fuel Tank Removal
From: HENSONJ@APSU01.APSU.EDU
Date: Sun, 19 May 1996 19:45:35 -0600 (CST)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
I went thru the same process a few weeks ago for the same reason. I lucked out
and was able to free up the float arm from its glued in place position. The car
had sat up for a loooonnnnggg time!

Anyway, the tank has to come out because of the filler neck connection at the
top. Al least I found that the point where I had enough things removed to tilt
the tank back, it was completely free anyway! First note: Be sure to remove
the fuel line from the bottom at the fitting in the bottom of the tank. I also
found that removal of the center interior panel would have saved me a lot of
grief on re-installation because of all the vapor hoses at the top of the tank
and into the filler neck fittings!

Also, be certain that the inside of the tank is VERY clean! I did a cursory
cleaning on mine and have now realized I have to do it again. Something has
come loose and ocasionally clogs the fuel outlet.

Good luck!
Jim Henson
70 TR6