Re: TR6 rear suspension

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR6 rear suspension
From: Bruce Krobusek <74106.1335@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 14 May 96 21:22:19 EDT
>A) because of the rubber stone guards around the u-joints on the halfshafts,
>getting the halfshafts out through the hole in the trailing arm is easy, but
>getting it back in can be kind of tough, especially working alone. Any tricks?

Getting the halfshaft out is easy because the closed end of the guard is pulled
through the wheel hub. As you noted, reversing the procedure can be tough. What
I did was to reverse the stone guard by pulling the open end back so that the
guard
was inside out. That way the closed end was again pushed through the hub. After
I got the halfshaft on I then wrestled the stone guard back into it's proper
position.

I hope the above makes sense...

     - BAK -

      Bruce A. Krobusek