Light Switch problem

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Light Switch problem
From: Francois Demont <100304.2046@CompuServe.COM>
Date: 14 May 96 05:48:51 EDT
Repost from a non-member, (it would take a week if I tried to write technical
expanations in English)
Please reply directly to him :

casurfer@pacificnet.net    or    casurfer@aol.com

I am writing in english, and hope I can receive a reply in same, since I
do not speak French.  I am sorry.  However, I am an owner of a 1977
Triumph Spitfire 1500.  I have had it for about a year, and have almost
made it to a stage where it is drivable.

However, I am having a problem with the turn/flasher/dimmer/horn switch.
 It has not been working since I purchased the vehicle, and it appeared
that the Dimmer (High Beams) portion of the switch was the problem.  I
figured there was something broken, and started pricing them.  However,
when I was finally able to locate one, I found the price of $350 to be a
little extreme.  Therefore, I have taken the switch apart, and found
that there is actually nothing broken.  However, the parts inside the
switch housing itself, ar no longer in place (there is a bearing and
small {what appears to be brass} rod floating in the housing).  So, to
the point....

I am looking for a complete, detailed instruction on the proper
placement of all of these parts.  I would particularly, be happy with a
simple diagram showing the proper placement.  If you have acess to, or
can direct me to a source of such, I would be much appreciative.

Thank you for your help in this matter~~

Rich Olewine

casurfer@pacificnet.net
        &
casurfer@aol.com