spits with webers

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: spits with webers
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Date: Mon, 13 May 1996 21:04:04 -0500
ok, so my first choice is a tr4a, but i'm having a hard time justifying the
cost of acquisition and restoration of a tr4/tr250/tr6 this year, i'm
thinking of low budget approach for this year with the idea of thinking of
a tr later (heard ray davies and the kinks doing "low budget" on wxrt
today) and i'm interested in a 74 spit
does anyone have the experience of smogging (cook county, illinois flavor
of smogging which is a tailpipe sniff, i don't think they inspect
equipment) a 1500 spit with a weber? did it pass? it appears to me that the
car i'm considering is pre-catalytic converter era but has air pump- the
owner bought car with weber, doesn't have zenith-stromberg and manifod, i'd
be worried i couldn't get the car licensed
joe

Joseph R Schneider
"You have a Lucas type 4 generator on a 12 volt system, and you know the
British, they'd rather spend time glueing a piece of wood to the dashboard
than get the electrical system right."  Tim Robbins as Ed Walters in "I.Q."