Re: General TR6 discourse

Subject: Re: General TR6 discourse
From: Gregory Urban <gurban1@gl.umbc.edu>
Date: Thu, 9 May 1996 16:32:52 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Thu, 9 May 1996, Philip E. Barnes wrote:

> 1) The brake pedal is hard as a rock, but doesn't stop the car well. I
> suspect the servo is shot. Any comments on the rebuild of this unit?

As someone who has (foolishly) driven my TR-6 on an off for the past 4
years w/o a servo, I will agree with your conclusion.  Listen for a leak
from the unit.  Also, you might notice idle problems (car stalls) caused
by the servo leak affecting manifold pressure and vacuum.
(I have an x-acto knife shaft shoven in the manifold vacuum hose of my 71
to solve this problem, or else the car will not idle - a real fix is on
the way RSN)

Greg U