My LAST word on Red-Lines

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: My LAST word on Red-Lines
From: JoeSimcoe@aol.com
Date: Sun, 5 May 1996 21:44:14 -0400
Sorry to re-visit this - but want to be sure that all who have followed this
thread have taken my comments in GOOD jest.

We happened to shell out $900 for a set of redlines because:

1) I can
2) Nostalgia - My wife and I met in college while she was driving a NEW TR6 -
It had good memories then, and this one (our third) brings them back.
3) Looks - our car is Pimento, and to me the redlines were made for pimento
and carmine cars.
4) Performance - or lack thereof.

Not to argue other than in good jest with anyone else - but these four
factors probably come into play with everyones decision, and their relative
order is everyone's individual business.

If our car was Jasmine, or BRG or some other color, or if we had wire wheels
instead of steel - if the car was more than a toy and pleasure driver - if I
needed the money to have spent on other parts of the car - if . . . if. . .
 if . . .   THEN I too may have placed these points in different order.

Now, when only I get my hands on my new TR250 ! ! ! !  (to redline or not to
redline that will be the question )

Joe

P.S. I still liked my comment that the lady with the snow tires just didn't
drive a TR6  :-)