Family cars

To: triumph notes <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Family cars
From: Chiahotny David <DCHIAHOT@DQC2C.DOFASCO.CA>
Date: Fri, 03 May 96 15:45:00 DST
Encoding: 16 TEXT
Hi:  Just for interest, when coming back from the east coast on vacation,
(4500 miles in 16 days with my wife in the '71 Spitfire - great trip) we
came across a car show in New York state. Parked by the side of the road was
a '66 Spit.  Traffic was slow due to the show so we were watching the car
when a family of *6* came along and all got into the '66 Spitfire.  Mom and
dad in the seats, 3 young members on the 'shelf' where the top would be if
the owner had one, and the fourth youngster sat between mom and dad on the
parking brake.
Who says the Spitfire isn't a family car?

David Chiahotny
'70 E-type
'71 Spitfire Mk IV
'88 Topaz