More on engine swaps

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net"@tin
Subject: More on engine swaps
From: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com (Larry E. Snyder lesnyd@monsanto.com 314-694-3626)
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 1995 16:03:41 -0600
I've seen a lot of posts saying that Triumphs don't have that much
collector value, so why not swap, etc. I maintain that a Triumph is not
a triumph unless it has a Triumph engine.

How a car looks is just one of its aspects. Just as important are how it
sounds, feels, and smells (OK, I'll leave out *tastes*). If I get into a
GT6 and it doesn't have that smell, and that sound of the little 6, then
it's not really a GT6.

Replacing the guts of the car is just as bad as dropping a fiberglass kit
body on a GT6 frame, pitching the original sheet metal. Does anybody
call a Bradley GT a Volkswagen?

But, hey, it's your car! All I can do is say how I feel. I promise not to
hire a hit man.

I promise not to write any more about this.

Can anyone recommend any good books on engine rebuilding?

Thanks,

Larry