Re: Hesitant TR6 <199510310004.TAA05438@acmey.gatech.edu>

To: gt8610a@prism.gatech.edu (Thomas Augustus Kimberly)
Subject: Re: Hesitant TR6 <199510310004.TAA05438@acmey.gatech.edu>
From: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Oct 1995 16:27:06 PST
Cc: rkriggs@hsv28.pcmail.ingr.com, triumphs@autox.team.net, kerch@parc.xerox.com
>>>Thomas Augustus Kimberly said:
 > It loses mass
 > quantities of power under WOT especially in the higher gears and seems to
 > run vaguely better with the choke set so I believe the vacuum leak idea is
 > right although when I hosed everything down with propane Saturday I didn't
 > get any kind of change in idle.

I had a similar problem on my '72 TR6.  I fixed it by cleaning the gas tank
out and replacing EVERY piece of rubber fuel line in the car.  The lines were
perished and swollen, and would only pass enough gas to idle or run at part
throttle, and the crud in the tank kept clogging the filter and the lines.

  --berry

Berry Kercheval :: Xerox Palo Alto Research Center