Generator Front Casing

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Generator Front Casing
From: pwiegman@ix.netcom.com (Paul Wiegman)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 10:59:20 -0700
Help!!!

The rear bolt holding the generator to the bracket on my 1957 TR3
loosened and dropped out.  That put the tension on the front of the
bracket and instead of the bracket bolted to the engine breaking which
is often the case, the front assembly of the generator broke.

Does anyone have an old generator which doesn't work and isn't even
close to being fixable that still has a good front assembly ?  The
front bearing doesn't even have to be good since I can use the present
bearing.  All I need is the front plate which holds the shaft and bolts
to the engine bracket.  I'll pay the shipping ?

All the suppliers want to sell me a new generator.

Thanks

Paul g. Wiegman
1957 TR3  TS14551L