Familiar experience?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Familiar experience?
From: "Philip E. Barnes" <peb3@cornell.edu>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 1995 08:56:17 -0400 (EDT)
I am compelled to recount an episode I'm sure everyone on the list has
experienced, but never ceases to amuse me.

I'm getting ready to put the windscreen and frame back on the TR6, so I
need some sealer. I went to the local NAPA (!!) and looked around. Not
finding a tube of goo labelled windshield sealer, I asked. "How wide do
you need it?" he asks. Wide?? It doesn't have to be wide at all. He shows
me a roll of pre-cut, pre-packaged, windshield installation system. "No,
what I want is just some sealer to put on the glass and gasket before I
put it in the frame.",says I. Then came The Question. "What kind of car's
it going on?" Slight pause, short sigh from LBC owner. "A 1971 Triumph
TR6.", he replies. "Oh....." from the NAPA guy. What a great hobby! BTW,
they sell sealer in caulking-style tubes, but not with the rest of the
sealers and glues.

Phil Barnes  '71 TR6  CC61193