Re: Thanks for sump/oil pump advice<9510041654.ZM8018@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk

To: Chris Boston <cboston@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: Thanks for sump/oil pump advice<9510041654.ZM8018@zeu.tt.umist.ac.uk>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 05 Oct 1995 11:03:59 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
>You're all saying approx. the same thing - I should have primed the thing
>before fitting...somebody tell that to the B.L. repair manual writers.

Just had a thought,  I remember seeing an article in a magazine about
rebuilding a Rover(Buick) V8, the ioil pumps on these are packed with
Vaseline(petroleum Jelly) to prime them, this dissolves with the oil so it
doesn't matter.  You could always try this.  It probably wouldn't be as messy
as trying to keep it full of oil and fit it.

Rich