Re: Crap on the net<199510041036.AA088283000@hplb.hpl.hp.com>

To: Joe Flake <flake@a3115jmf.atl.hp.com>
Subject: Re: Crap on the net<199510041036.AA088283000@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
From: "Richard Jackson - Network Technician ext. 2570"<RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk>
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 1995 13:17:22 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, RICHARD.JACKSON@nene.ac.uk
This will be my last mention of this, But....

>> Hello all,
>>
>> Sorry about the subject heading but it is the only way to describe it.
>> Basically, what I'd like to know is..... Has anyone else got the crap
>> concerning the women in Asian sending the good luck email,  As I was
>wondering
>> if they are getting the addresses from the list.
>>
>> Thats all, Thanks
>>
>> Rich
>>

>Yes others get the messages.  (Check out the mail headers and
>you'll see that it came as a list distribution.).

My first one DIDN'T.
I recieved TWO copies, the first directly to me, I read it, sent the above
message and THEN realised there was another copy to everyone...SORRY

>In general, calling attention to it with followups like yours
>only tends to encourage folks who post such things.  Flame
>the original poster in a private message if you like (I haven't yet,
>but still might) but don't waste bandwidth complaining to the
>whole list.

Who's complaining,  I was simply asking a question.  So I could always say that
messages like yours also waste bandwidth!!!  A bit like this one really I
suppose.

Rich