Re: Spitfire Wheels (I've got TR8 style wheels)

Subject: Re: Spitfire Wheels (I've got TR8 style wheels)
From: Jeremy DuBois <jer@thlogic.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 1995 13:33:40 -0400 (EDT)

> TR-7 and TR-8 wheels have the same bolt pattern as Spitfire
> wheels. Some Spitfire vintage racers use these wheels. The wheels
> are 13x5.5 and available in steel (TR-7) and alloy (mostly TR-8).
> The steel wheels are available at most foreign car wrecking yards
> at $15 to $20 apiece. Most Formula Fords use this bolt pattern
> also.

  I happen to have tried fitting the TR8 style alloy wheels on my spitfire
briefly.  I didn't drive on them, but I just put them on to see if they'd
fit.  They do indeed fit.  I figure I'll put them all on a drive on them a
bit to see how it feels.

  BTW, if anybody is interested in these wheels, they're my housemates and I
believe he'd like sell them.  They were taken off a TR7 parts car, and have
just been sitting around for the last few years, so they're pretty dirty and
have old worn tires on them.  They would need to be reconditioned.  If you
are interested, make an offer.  They're located in Concord, MA.

                                        Jeremy DuBois
                                        Programmer/System Administrator
                                        Thermalogic Corporation
                                        '74 MGB, '76 Spit