Re: 6 cylinder distributor help, and I'll be visiting San Fran

To: lesnyd@bb1t.monsanto.com
Subject: Re: 6 cylinder distributor help, and I'll be visiting San Fran
From: aj253@rgfn.epcc.Edu (Tony Robinson)
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 95 21:21:30 MDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

>Gosh, where is this switch? I've owned 2 GT6+'s and I've never seen such
>a beast. I thought the vacuum advance ran off carb manifold vacuum, with
>a simple tube running from the carb to the vacuum unit on the distributer.
>I have the Delco distributer - could yours be different? I know that GT6s
>came with both Delco and Lucas dizzies.
>
>You got me interested now. I'm gonna actually read the book tonight.
>
>Larry

Larry,
  The difference is that the GT6 (as were most Triumphs) was delivered
Stateside with either the Federal or California emission systems. Federal
was merely equipped with two Stromberg 150 CDs. The California system on
the other hand had 150CDSEs and a vaccuum switch and chaarcoal cannisters
to recirculate unberned fuel gases.
Hope this helps.
Tony R.

69 GT6