Re: TR4A OD Relay

To: Jamie Morton <mortons@mindspring.com>, "'Triumph's List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: TR4A OD Relay
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Aug 1995 10:39:55 -0700 "TR4A OD Relay" (Aug 29, 10:25am)
        My question is-- does anybody know where the OD relay was originally
        mounted?  I will probably end up tucking it somewhere under the dash
but
        am curious as to where the factory would have put it.

I added OD to my 4A, and tried to figure this out. Look at the passenger side
footwell (LHD car) "shelf", where the body number plate is. On the side of it,
towards the battery and tranny, there are probably two small (3/8") plugs,
withered with age, filling holes. Those holes are perfectly spaced to mount an
OD tranny, and the wiring harness reaches a relay mounted there just perfectly.
I put rubber grommets in the holes and 10-32 bolts through, mounting the relay
inside the passenger compartment.

BTW, the wiring harness can be had *new* from TRF.