Re: TRF/Moss/VicBrit

To: JMardy@aol.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TRF/Moss/VicBrit
From: "TeriAnn Wakeman" <twakeman@apple.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 95 10:53:19 -0700
In message <950825121406_83172434@emout04.mail.aol.com>  writes:
> Last Thursday (8 days ago), I placed orders with all 3 suppliers.
> The stuff from Moss got here Tuesday, Vic Brit said my order should arrive
> "early next week" and TRF said 80% of my order is backordered and the
> remainder was shipped yesterday (a week after I place the order).
> So....  I'm a Moss fan from now on.

Moss is the company I hate but love and The Roadster Factory is the one I love
but hate.

I hate Moss because the quality of so much of their stuff is inferior, and file
to fit seem good enough to them a lot of the time.  For their lower price I
generally see cheap stuff when good quality OEM is still available.  I almost
always have to refinish painted parts I get from them.

BUT  They have lots of stuff in stock and they get things reproduced that no one
else has.  They seem to be single source on a lot of TR3 parts.  Their research
group is very helpful if you have a question and their catalogue is nice.

I Love the Roadster Factory because I know I'll get the best quality parts
available for my TR3.  If OEM is available and they carry it thats what I'll
get.  I can buy from them with confidence.  I love the support they give to
large TR events and the room full of stuff they bring.  I've bought a LOT out of
those rooms I didn't know they carried.

BUT I hate it that they do not have a lot of the TR3 parts that Moss carries,
that they are frequently out of stock on many of the parts they carry, that they
STILL do not have a TR3 catalogue (I've got this pile of mailings that i use).

Viky Brit?  I don't know, I only tried to order from them a few times & each
time I got the wrong part or very badly finished part & have returned them. I
haven't sent them an order in the last 3 years or so.  But they do seem to have
some neat aftermarket MGB stuff that no one else carries.

To add to the pot....

British Pacific 800-554-4133 is a land Rover parts house that carries an
excellent supply of wire in factory colours.  If you want to make up your own
harnesses & sub harnesses, its THE place to go for that 3 feet of brown wire
with the purple stripe.  They also carry the normal set of Lucas connectors, and
you will find that a lot of TR3 lighting was used on Land Rovers.

TeriAnn