Re: '74 TR 6 For Sale (NJ)

To: adoherty@sas.upenn.edu
Subject: Re: '74 TR 6 For Sale (NJ)
From: rwh5633@sudcv91.ed.ray.com (Richard Hesek (432)-5414)
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 95 11:56:22 EDT
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
  I'm with you. My 6 is covered with cobwebbs because I have
other places to put the $.
  Nevertheless, I started with a rust pile. All 4 corners
at the lights were gone. You could see more pavement through
the floors than metal. The rear deck. The crankshaft was in 2 pieces (between
#1 conn. rod and #2main). And the famous frame at the trailing
arm mount. Both sides. A list of other less critical ailments
goes on.
  I had the frame repaired so it would be safe to drive the way
I drive. I paid a guy $500 who had done them before and didn't
mind my watching. I did the body work first. Mistake. The frame
repair straightens the body or in this case twisted the body repair
work that I had done.
  This is a basic 6. No OD or any other extras. It will be back in
top condition soon.
  I know a guy in RI who sold a loaded 6, OD, A/C, factory HT, all the
extras, in 'original' condition, not excellent. He got $24000. (Three zeros)
  In New England, a TR 6 will bring approx. half of it's potential worth
on the open market if the frame work is needed. I believe you are in New Jersey
which is not much different than N.E. I would guess that your car may
bring $2000-3000 as is. Emphasis on the word 'guess'.

  Reguards & good luck
RWH