Oil Filter

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil Filter
From: "Himelfarb, Mike" <mike@sdm.ShoppersDrugMart.ca>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 1995 12:16:37 -0400
Encoding: 786 Text
I can attest to the spin-on oil filter adapter being a good
investment.  Oil pressure comes up IMMEDIATELY upon start-up since you
don't have to re-pressurize the filter cannister every time.  Not only
that, you can get replacement filters anywhere and they're cheap.

As for installation, getting the old cannister out is a pain as you'll
probably end up removing the fuel pump (on my '76 TR6 anyway).  After
that the new one is straightforward, although mine didn't come with
much in the way of illustrations so I ended up experimenting with the
seals until I got a combination which resulted in oil remaining in the
engine.  You'll know if it's installed incorrectly... just start it up
and, if you get Old Faithful then you did a Bad Thing.

Have fun.
Mike.