Re: Spitfire trunion seized

To: J.Daley@boris.umds.ac.uk, triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Spitfire trunion seized
From: CWNicholls@aol.com
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 1995 09:17:28 -0400
Just squirt some grease in.  I grease till it starts coming out the cup on
the axle, but be careful not to have any coming into the brake area, if it
does, clean it up and/or check the seals on that end.  You probably didn't
use enough heat to harm anything (I hope!).

Heat helps but may not have been needed.  The hard way is to cut the ends off
the plastic and using screwdrivers, chisels, punches, hacksaw blades, remove
the rest.

Happy motoring!

By the way,   I spend a couple weeks in Britain in both 1992 and 1993, did
the GP at Silverstone both years and spent much time in the Brackley
(N'hampt) area with friends and took many day trips in my rented Fiat Tipo
(85mph tops!).  Hope to return to the Devon area someday (where my ancestors
came from)

Have a pint for me!
Clark Nicholls