Re: Headers, To wrap or not to wrap?

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Headers, To wrap or not to wrap?
From: CLAY_SCOTT@HP-Loveland-om10.om.hp.com
Date: Mon, 31 Jul 95 12:57:34 -0600
Item Subject: cc:Mail Text
     I have been following this discussion and have developed a theory.  If
     the header wrap raises the temperature of the headers to the point
     (cherry red) where the nickel (?) layer between the chrome and the
     steel were to diffuse into the steel, a new steel alloy would form.
     The chrome would peel because it lost it's adhesion layer.  Perhaps
     this new alloy can't take the temperature cycles without
     crystallizing.
       I'd try a set of headers without chrome and wrap them up tight.  Any
     metallurgists out there?

                                        Clay