Frame Repair

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Frame Repair
From: Bob.Wilson@dssc.slg.eds.com (Bob Wilson)
Date: Thu, 27 Jul 1995 23:48:48 -0500
Hello all,
  I just took delivery of a '67 TR4A.  Generally, it's what I expected when
I bought it.  ALL the interior is shot, exterior with multiple coats and
colors of paint with rust peeking through in spots, driver floor board
rusted out and replaced by hacked piece of aluminum.  I just love it.

  But what I didn't know, even though I asked people there to specifically
check for it, is that there are some pretty major rust deterioration of
the frame.  "I" don't think its destined to be a parts car but I do need
to address the frame rust before anything else.  The guy who delivered the
car said that he had a frame and body shop "band-aid" part of the frame
on his 4WD vehicle.  Anyone out there know the type of options available
to me and when to use one over the other?

  My LBC budget is shot for July but August is around the corner.  And I'd
like to know what I'm saving for and how long its going to take.

Many Thanks,

Bob
'74 TR6
'67 TR4A