TR-4 w/posi-trac

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR-4 w/posi-trac
From: VDPY33A@prodigy.com (MR PATRICK J MCMULLEN)
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 19:09:41 EDT
I saw some postings awhile back about installing a Ford Detroit
Locker differential in a Triumph live axle housing.  Is this a bolt
in installation (to the ring gear) or are there some modifications
required?  What about bearing sizes where the differential meets the
case?  Does anyone have this setup currently and is it practical for
a street car?  Reason being, I am looking at buying a TR-4 with one
already installed.  Will I be happy with this as a frequent driver?

Hope this isn't a repeat question, but I'll bet it is!

Thanks a bunch!                Pat