Re: TR4 Grille

To: FNSortwell@aol.com
Subject: Re: TR4 Grille
From: Gregory Petrolati <gpetrola@prairienet.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 1995 07:59:59 -0500 (CDT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
On Tue, 25 Jul 1995 FNSortwell@aol.com wrote:

> Can anyone advise how to remove a TR4 grill.  I've found a very good one in a
> parts car and have removed all the screws I can see.  However something is
> holding it at or around the turn signal lights.  I don't see any type of
> fastener in that area that I can get to.  All this is complicated as the

        Have you taken off the turn signals and parking lights? I think
        they may be bolted through the grill, if not, their rubber fittings
        may prevent the grill's easy removal. Also, access to the bolts on
        the top of the front facia is hampered by the bonnet. Finally are the
        bumper overrider support bars removed? Since they pass through the
        grill you won't be able to take it off unless they are. It's been so
        long since I replaced mine the memmory is a bit hazy... and the
        manual is at home.

        Good luck,
        Greg Petrolati

Greg Petrolati, Champaign, Illinois