RE: compression

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: compression
From: VDPY33A@prodigy.com (MR PATRICK J MCMULLEN)
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 1995 10:53:10 EDT
Mike,

I do not know if a specification was ever published for that, but it
would seem that on a rebuild that is broken in, you should expect to
get 150-175 psi  I suppose there would be some differences for
compression increases and cam shaft profiles.  But I have always been
told that as long as the lowest reading is within 10% of the highest
reading, you are just fine.  Of course all could read within 10 % and
still only read 50 psi which would warrant a rebuild or new rings.

Pat in NC