Re: spitfire heater annoyance

To: Berry Kercheval <kerch@parc.xerox.com>, bswinehart <bswinehart@netrix.com>
Subject: Re: spitfire heater annoyance
From: "Chris Kantarjiev" <cak@godzilla.studio.sgi.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Jul 1995 15:42:52 -0700 "Re: spitfire heater annoyance" (Jul 13, 2:58pm)
Cc: "'Triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
 > Actually, check your heater valve.  I had that problem on my TR6 and found
 > that the cable was moving but not closing the valve.

I take just the opposite approach on my TR4A - I leave the heater valve open
all the time, and close the vent. That way I always have fresh coolant going
through the heater core, rather than letting it sludge up with rust.

I *like* driving around on cool/cold summer nights with the top down and the
heater on; so all I have to do is open the scuttle vent.