TR6 clutch pinch bolt question

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR6 clutch pinch bolt question
From: kralmv@ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu (Milo Kral)
Date: Fri, 07 Jul 1995 10:15:56 -0500 (CDT)
Date-warning: Date header was inserted by ctrvax.Vanderbilt.Edu
Does anyone know anything abount the design of the clutch fork pinch bolt
design?
        I tried to install a new lever shaft-fork-pinch bolt assy (parts
from Moss),  but the pinch bolt is MUCH too big for the hole in the shaft.
It appears to be tapered,  but I'm afraid to apply too much torque to the
bolt for fear of breaking it.
        Is it possible that the pinch bolt is supposed to deform the shaft
to sort of make the fork an interference fit on the shaft?  Or does the bolt
itself take all the load when the clutch pedal is depressed?  Do I need to
machine the hole in the shaft to fit the pin? Any thoughts on modifications?

Thanks,

Milo Kral
'71 TR6
'67 MGB