Herald/Vitesse hood frame advice?

To: TRIUMPHS@AUTOX.TEAM.NET
Subject: Herald/Vitesse hood frame advice?
From: dan parslow <DJP@ALPHA.SUNQUEST.COM>
Date: Wed, 5 Jul 1995 9:51:00 -0700 (MST)
Anyone who's dealt with a slightly distorted hood frame out
there?

The hinged section immediately above the door glass sits too low
in the centre, impacting the glass.  The factory workshop manual
says that to correct this "remove the rear curved section of the
cantrail and reset."  What does this mean, "reset"?

The rear control arm is distinctly bent compared to the one on
the other side, but even with this removed I can't raise the
centre of the cantrail.   Plus the gap at the rear of the door
glass is too wide at the top.  If I can find the right way to
raise the centre a little this should correct itself.

Appreciate any advice...

- Dan Parslow
'65 Vitesse
'79 Spitfire

P.S. Has anyone ordered a new vinyl hood from TSSC Offers?
Both the Vit and the Spit need a new one...did you like the fit
and quality?