Re: Getting my hood open/ another question

To: "Ronald Grant" <GRANTR@skynet3.csus.edu>
Subject: Re: Getting my hood open/ another question
From: davcla@ix.netcom.com (David Clark)
Date: Mon, 15 May 1995 23:21:44 -0700
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi,

I am not to sure about the tr6 but with my Spit there was a month where
I had to pull and replace the tranny SIX time all by my lonsome. The
about six months ago a put a new engine in it and decided that I would
pull the tranny with it.

Upon further inspection, I decided that I would use the transmission
that I got with the "new" engine. I went ahead and swapped the clutches
since I had just purchased one about 500 miles earlier. Well to get to
the point, It was much simpler.  With the whole unit out the
transmission mates up much better and it certianly makes it more of a
one man operation.

I did the whole thing in about half the time (OK so maybe a little
exageration) and was very relieved not to have to crawl out from under
the car to grab a tool or crawl under the car to find a dropped tool !

Besides, you just have to undo the drivr shaft, mount, odo cable and a
coupkle of wires.

Good luck,

David